All application materials must be postmarked no later than February 15, 2013. Applications received after the post-mark date will NOT be considered.
Applicants must fill out the Proton OnSite online application and submit an application packet in order to be considered. The application packet must be submitted with multiple copies in the order specified in the instructions. [Download application packet instructions]
Conditions of Eligibility
- To apply for a scholarship, applicants must be a high school senior currently enrolled in a U.S. high school or a college student at a U.S. university, and a U.S. citizen.
- To apply for an innovation award, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicants must submit a presentation package including a video explaining or demonstrating their concept.
Applicants are evaluated on:
- Strength of Application
- Demonstrated leadership, work ethic and community involvement
- Ability and promise of the idea
- Thoroughness and presentation of the idea
During the selection process, the selection committee reads and reviews all applications. Each applicant is evaluated on the criteria listed above. The committee then determines a list of Proton OnSite scholars or innovators. The final award recipient(s) – Proton OnSite scholars and/or innovators – will be determined from this list. Each Scholarship Award recipient or chosen innovator will be contacted by telephone regarding the committee’s decision.
Duration of Scholarship Award(s)
It is the intent of the Proton OnSite Scholarship program to support students for up to a maximum of four academic years. Renewal of scholarships is in accordance with the standards established by the Scholarship Committee and is subject to annual review by an authorized official that certifies that the scholar is:
- A full time student
- In good academic standing: a minimum GPA of 3.0 and meets all the criteria of standard academic progress as established by their university
Duration of Innovative Idea Award(s)
It is the intent of the Proton OnSite Scholarship program to make a one-time award of up to $50,000, if an inventor is chosen. The award will be used to assist the inventor into turning his or her idea into a business venture.
For details on what you need to submit to apply for the scholarship, please visit the "Apply" page.
Proton OnSite Scholarship and Innovation online application and materials available by request and on the Proton OnSite Scholarship web site.
February 15, 2013
Deadline for submission of all application materials (must be postmarked by this date)
February – April 2013
Selection Committee meets to review applications.
Proton OnSite scholar(s)and/or innovators approved by selection committee
Proton OnSite scholar(s) and/or innovators contacted by telephone and publicly announced by the Proton OnSite Committee.